Friendship that never endssssssss

From strangers..to friends..to life partners


Saturday, February 26, 2011

Travelling Alone..

Rotting at home for quite sometime, thoughts after thoughts start appearing on my mind...and here it goes..LETS TRAVEL ALONE which I have been looking for.

This is a very random decision. I decided to go north by train but still unsure my final destination.Everything is uncertain. For me, travelling is just like LIFE, you do not know what lies ahead, whom you meet during the journey..the feeling of anticipation is GOOD!
Bought the train ticket at KL Sentral ( RM48 ).The train left at 9.15pm.Met a japanese guy in the train, he wanted to double confirm if the train goes to Hatyai.It was freezing cold at night as I was only wearing shorts, and the light was not switched off, couldnt sleep all night along.Passed by some scenic views along the way including Mr Lam's hometown...etc


Kedah Paddy Field
Arrived at Padang Besar (Malaysia-Thai border) to get through immigration and had a pack of nasi lemak while waiting for the train to Hatyai.
Padang Besar Railway Station


After another 1 hour ++, I arrived at Hatyai Station.All the travel agents approached me asking where I wana go,accomodation and stuffss..I refused to follow them. In the end, I had no choice but to ask them how to get to Koh Lipe (destination which I just decided).Was brought to a travel agent office nearby and started negotiating the fares and all. Bought a combo package of return van and speed boat.


The van was full of foreigners. I was the only Asian I guess. The language they spoke sounded strange to me, maybe from northern Europe. The journey took another 2 hour to the Pak Bara Pier, and then I had to take speed boat to Koh Lipe which took another 1hr45mins.
Pak Bara Pier
The speed boat first stopped at Koh Tarutao National Park which is something like our Marine park in Pulau Redang @ Pulau Perhentian. Koh Lipe has 3 main beaches, Pattaya Beach, a happening one,and I chose to go to Sunrise Beach which is a quieter beach. Had to pay 50Baht for the sea gypsy to bring you to the beach using their long tail boats. Met a lovely family from Spain on the boat.They offered me help to find accomodation as their friends are staying on the island itself. Being adventurous me, I decided to do it myself!!! Gonna sleep on the beach if everywhere is fully boooked as it was the PEAK season! After asking several resorts, it was either fully booked or way too expensive for my budget..Oh my gosh!!! I was self-talking to myself..no..I cannot give up, continue looking for one which suits my budget. After walking here and there like an idiot carrying a big backpack for almost 30 mins, I finally settled down at Tarutao Cabana for 600Baht per night at a wooden bungalow.

Long Tail Boats
Wooden Bungalow

After travelling for almost 20 hours, it's time to get some rest with a good shower. The room is equipped with simple amenities including a double bed, mosquito net, fan and attached bathroom. This would not be an ideal room for the holiday makers, but for me, as a budget traveller, it's absolutely worth the price. Spider wibes is everywhere, and there was a huge centipede in the bathroom.Only being afraid of stray cats and dogs, all these little insects are unable to scare me away :)


Interior View

Bathroom

Centipede
The sky was getting dark, and my stomach started complaining as it has not been fed anything after the small pack of nasi lemak in the morning. Went around to look for a restaurant. I ordered a plate of Pad Thai and a glass of watermelon juice. Felt so good with the setting, with all the wooden chairs and tables. And I found the menu was so interesting especially the last page as it explains " why our mouth is the source of problems " @ 病从口入,祸从口出. I always have the fear of dining alone at the street hawker. My "dream" came true, a cat and its baby kitten came near me, staring at me to beg for food. As usual, I stopped eating and stared at the cat as well...shu shu shu shu shu shu shu..the cat was still there...shu shu shu shu again, finally it went away.Quickly finished the Pad Thai and left this hell place!!!



Why is our mouth the source of problems??
Pad Thai

* to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment